Inspired by the Suckerpunch disappointment, I wanted to seek out fantasy, sci-fi,and video game characters whom I thought were truly strong women and have a whole lot more depth. These are the girls I think kick ass.
Doctor Who artist:Pu-sama
- River Song: Of course we’ve landed; I just landed her.
- The Doctor: But it didn’t make the noise.
- River Song: What noise?
- The Doctor: You know, the… [does an impression of the TARDIS materialisation sound]
- River Song: It’s not supposed to make that noise. You leave the brakes on.
- The Doctor: Yes, well, it’s a brilliant noise. I love that noise.
Xander: “Well, we got plenty of vid. And I’m putting in a preemptive bid for “Apocalypse Now”, huh?”
Willow: “Did you get anything less heart-of-darkness-y?”
Xander: “‘Apocalypse Now’ is a gay romp. It’s the feel-good movie of whatever year it was.”
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, borrowed it; I was always gonna take it back. Oh, that box, Amy. You’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand new and ancient. And the… bluest… blue… ever. - The Big Bang
Nerd Love: It’s discovering distant worlds, time traveling, killing monsters under the stars… together for always.